Heales Medical is a successful Occupational Health and Wellbeing service provider, operating for over 23 years across the UK. We offer flexible, cost effective, tailor-made solutions to a diverse range of private and public sector clients. We provide a wide range of services from pre-employment, student/HCW clearance through to health surveillance and management referral, including musculoskeletal assessment/treatment, counselling, health and wellbeing etc.
We lead technological innovation in Occupational Health and provide our own advanced online secure management system for both staff and clients to manage all cases, significantly reducing the administrative workload for our staff – allowing them to focus on clients and their employees/students.
You will be part of a dynamic and supportive clinical network and have the opportunity to undertake continuous training to expand your skills and knowledge.
You will be welcome to contribute your ideas on how to further improve any aspect of our service through regular OH nurse support meetings. Working with us provides all staff with an opportunity to be a part of an organisation that believes every member of our team can make a real difference.
For further details about Heales please go to https://www.heales.com/
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse wanting to take their 1st steps into Occupational Health to join our team of peripatetic nurses, working in the Cambridgeshire area
The role will be based from a mixture of Heales and client sites around the area. You will be undertaking, undertaking Phlebotomy and providing vaccinations as well as computer based questionnaire screening. You will man our customer helpline and undertake some health surveillance screening.
We are happy to provide training for the right candidate.
Occupational Health offers a varied and sustainable career with huge potential for development, which will utilise all of your clinical skills in an environment that supports a positive and sustainable work-life balance. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within an environment that will give you a real sense of achievement and job satisfaction.
You will, if you wish, have the opportunity to expand your role and learn how to write quality clinical occupational health reports and undertake performance and attendance case management. You will have access to a mentor and the potential to undertake your Occupational Heath Nursing qualification which will be part/fully funded by Heales Medical and would attract a salary increase on completion.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering a range of Occupational Health services to our clients including immunisations and venepuncture.
- Travel to customer sites in the local area will be required with opportunity to travel further afield if desired.
- Promoting employee Health and Wellbeing for our clients and their staff.
- Providing a professional, objective, caring service delivery
- Contributing to an atmosphere of trust, enthusiasm and business awareness.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team by sharing knowledge, supporting and challenging your peers.
- Maintaining registration and Continuous Professional Development by meeting or exceeding standards set by the NMC
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Registered General Nurse ideally with previous experience of immunisations and venepuncture.
- Proactive, friendly and professional.
- Confident with managing their own workload and enjoys working autonomously.
- The role involves travelling to clinics/client sites, so a full UK driving license and access to your own vehicle is required. Travel expenses will be reimbursed on a monthly basis.
What we can offer you
The salary for this role is in line with NHS Band 5 salaries and will depend upon how closely candidates match the qualifications, experience, skills and knowledge required for the role.
- Flexible days/hours as agreed
- In-house training programmes
- Contributory Pension Scheme up to 5%
- 22 days annual leave in addition to public holidays, increasing once you have worked for us for 3+ years
- In-house well-being services
- Cycle to work scheme
- Full/part funding of the Occupational Health Nurse qualification, with study time available within your contracted hours.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £28,407.00-£34,581.00 per year
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV together with a letter of application to our Human Resources Team.
You can apply by sending a cover letter and CV to email@example.com or you can apply through Indeed here.