CLIENT LOG IN
Musculoskeletal Disorders >
Health Promotion & Education >
Immunisations & Vaccinations >
Ill Health Retirement >EAP - Employee Assistance >Health Surveillance >Management Referrals >Service Management >Student Clearance >
Senior Occupational Health Advisor - East Anglia
Heales Medical (H M partnership LLP) is seeking a Senior Occupational Health Advisor to join the organisation in Hertfordshire. Depending on the applicant, this role is permanent and may be part-time or full time.
The Senior OHA role is based out of our Hitchin Head Offices however will cover a number of clinics across the county and further afield where necessary. This role will also oversea our clinical policy development, audit and governance under the guidance of our Medical Director. Assessment and training of our OHAs will also be involved in this role.
Key Responsibilities: -
Management / Governance.
- Working as part of the Senior Management Team including attending management meetings
- Reviewing and updating OH clinical policies to reflect current legislation, guidance from appropriate OH bodies and best practice.
- Ensure clinical practices meet the requirements of our Quality policies including the SEQOHS standards
- Conduct case reviews
- Conduct clinical assessments/appraisals of all nursing staff
- Lead the OH discussion within the team
- Be a point of reference for OHAs working on behalf of the organisation
- Cover clinics during periods of holiday, sickness and/or recruitment
- Assessing training needs for OH staff and preparing/delivering training where appropriate.
- Conduct pre-commencement screening for our clients’ new starters
- Proactive management of sickness absence cases and rehabilitation programmes
- Triage cases for assignment to OHA, OHP or other specialist advisers
- Manage / conduct health surveillance programmes
- Undertake work Station Assessments and advise on adjustments
- Undertake vaccinations where a work related risk is identified
- Develop/conduct Health promotions
- Maintain records via the Management Information System
- Ensure equipment is managed and maintained to a high standard
- Liaise with administration staff to ensure effective workload management
The successful candidate will be a registered nurse with a recognised OH qualification and listed on the NMC specialist register. As this role is peripatetic, a driver’s license and own transport (or alternative) is required.
Candidates should be up to date on a full range of OH activities including the provision of vaccinations, taking bloods and undertaking HAVs assessments.
The following skills or experience will be taken into account: -
- Previous management experience
- Handling Complex cases
- Computer literacy
- Communications skills
- Governance experience
This is a new role to Heales Medical and as such would commence as soon as a suitable candidate is in place.
Up to £42,500pa (Full Time Equivalent)
If you wish to apply for this role or would like further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write The Human Resources Manager, Heales Medical, 27 Bridge Street, Hitchin, Hertfordshire SG5 2DF.